If you are unable to keep your appointment or you are delayed, please contact the Surgery Center immediately.
Bathe or shower before surgery as you normally would. Do not wear makeup, hair gel or hairspray, creams or lotions; remove nail polish. Do not wear jewelry and leave all valuables at home. Do not wear contacts.
Please register at the front desk upon arrival. Please bring the following with you:
- Bring your driver’s license or identification card.
- Health Insurance cards.
- You may also be asked to bring your co-pay, co-insurance, or deductible.
- List of all medications and dosages.
- Choose low-heeled shoes and loose, comfortable clothing which is easy to put on and take off, and easily folded. Avoid garments that pull over your head. Sleeves and legs should be loose enough to fit over bandages if necessary.
If applicable, bring the following items with you:
- Contact lens or eyeglasses in a protective case.
- Dentures, hearing aid, crutches or walker.
After registration, you will be escorted into the pre-operative area where your pulse, temperature, respiration and blood pressure will be taken. You will have the opportunity to ask any questions of the nursing and anesthesia staff before surgery.
You will be asked to change into a gown provided by the Center and your clothes will be placed in a bag until you are ready to be discharged.
Family and Friends
A friend or family member may accompany the patient to the pre-operative area. Parents or legal guardians of minors having surgery must go with their child. They are required to stay in the facility the entire time the child is at NEMO ASC. Children are welcome to bring a favorite toy or blanket with them.
Depending on the type of surgical procedure and other factors, you may walk into the operating room for your procedure and anesthesia will be administered there. When you progress to Phase II Recovery, you will be offered something to eat and drink and one visitor may join you.
Children must not be left unattended in the waiting room and will not be permitted in restricted areas for their own safety and the safety of our patients. If you choose to bring children along to the Center, please make certain that they have adequate supervision.